Paralegal Certificate Program - Presented by Jared McCallister of NY Daily News (January 2022)
The topics covered in the Paralegal Certificate Program — being conducted via Zoom due to the COVID-19 pandemic — include an introduction to CALI (the Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction), an introduction to CLIO Legal Software, and many other resources.
To learn about the Paralegal Certificate Program and register, click here.
Call (718) 722-9217 and send email to email@example.com for information on the Paralegal Program.
THE CHAMBERS' PARALEGAL PROGRAM
- Paralegal Certificate Program for New and Current Paralegals & Pre-Law Students
- Paralegal Certificate Program for Shop Stewards & Union Members
- Paralegal Certificate Program for Faith-Based Leaders & Executive Staff
- The Certificate in Legal Marketing is available to all participants of (1), (2) and (3) above.
Class Information & Links
The Chamber Paralegal Certificate Program includes these MANDATORY courses:
- Introduction to Legal Research and Writing
- Introduction to Legal & Investigative Writing: An Investigative Journalist Approach
- An Introduction to Social Security Disability Law
- Introduction to Immigration Law & Immigration Online (CALI Course)
- Small Business Boot Camp Series
- Introduction to Investigative Journalism (Required) – $50
- Introduction to CLIO, Case Management & Tools
- Introduction to Civil Rights
- Introduction to Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- The Reluctant Rainmaker
- Introduction to Bankruptcy Law & Taxation
- Introduction to Matrimonial Law – Contested & Uncontested
- Introduction to Workers’ Compensation
- Introduction to Non-Profits
- Paralegal Clinic
- Contracts (CALI Course)
- Property Law (CALI Course)
- Introduction to Personal Injury Law
- Introduction to Real Estate Transactions & Deed Transfers
- Introduction to International Trade & Global Business
- Resume & LinkedIn Workshop (Required) – $29.95
The Chamber Paralegal Certificate Program includes these OPTIONAL classes. Choose any 3 of the following:
- Introduction to Business Law & Small Business Solutions
- Introduction to Copyright & Trademark Law (CALI Course)
- Introduction to Criminal Law & Criminal Procedure (CALI Course)
- Introduction to Landlord & Tenant Law
- Introduction to Social Security Disability Law
- Introduction to Constitutional Law (CALI Course)
- Introduction to Evidence (CALI Course)
- Introduction to Employment Discrimination (CALI Course)
- Introduction to Accounting (CALI Course)
- Introduction to Labor Unions & Racism
- Introduction to Diversity, Inclusion & Equality in the Workplace
- Introduction to Diversity, Inclusion & Equality in Corporate Procurement
- Introduction to Consumer Advocacy
- Introduction to Labor Law: Your Rights in the Workplace
- Introduction to Article 78 Litigation
- How to Run for NYC City Council
- How to Run for NYS Assembly or Senate
- Introduction to Blogging Boot Camp (3 Classes) – $100
- Introduction to Legal Website Design Concepts (3 Classes) – $100
- Introduction to Event Planning & Strategies (5 Classes) – $150
- Introduction to Newsletter Development (3 Classes) – $100
- Introduction to Podcast Development – $100
Paralegal Certificate Program for New and Current Paralegals & Pre-Law Students
Paralegal Orientation Program For All New Students
Welcome to the Paralegal Certificate Program. At the orientation, you will:
1.Receive an orientation package.
2.Receive your CALI ID.
3.Receive your CLIO ID.
4.Receive a tour of the various websites pertinent to your educational needs
Certificate in Paralegal Studies & Certificate in Legal Marketing
A Prerequisite: Paralegal Certificate
To graduate with an additional Certificate in Legal Marketing these are the required courses listed below:
• Introduction to Legal Marketing (10 Classes)
•Introduction to Blogging Boot Camp (3 Classes)
•Introduction to Legal Website Design Concepts (3 Classes)
•Introduction to Event Planning & Strategies (5 Classes)
•Introduction to Newsletter Development (3 Classes)
Paralegal Certificate Program for Labor Leaders & Members
We believe an educated worker is an empowered worker. We want to help all workers to understand and advocate for their rights effectively. Our Legal Training Certificate Program provides the knowledge, tools and resources to do just that! Program Registration.
Paralegal Certificate Program for Faith-Based Leaders & Executive Staff
We believe that faith-based leaders and their executive staff have a responsibility to help, guide and support their membership in life’s challenges beyond the walls of worship. Our Legal Training Certificate Program provides the knowledge, tools and resources to do just that! Program Registration.
WHAT FORMER STUDENTS SAID ABOUT THE CHAMBER PARALEGAL PROGRAM
Ask The Lawyer
with Attorney Brian Figeroux
Ask the Lawyer with Brian Figeroux, Esq. You have questions, we have answers on Immigration & Matrimonial Law, Wills, Estate & Trusts, Civil Rights, Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, Taxation, Landlord & Tenant, Workers’ Compensation, Social Security Disability and Real Estate Transactions. We bring you the latest updates on the law and community issues.